View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 01:50 AM   #66
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 1
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
We start off the year with our biggest rival. Since I have taken over the Falcons, we are 4-4 against the Buccaneers. Over the years Tampa has been our division's best team, but this looks like it might be a bit of a down year for them. They are already suffering more injuries than any other team in the league. But rivals always come to play so we can't take this game lightly.

Our improved offensive line did everything that I wanted it to do. They ripped holes in the defensive line that my grand mother could have gone through, walker and all. Leland Nixon finished the day with 29 carries for 176 yards and a TD.

However, our secondary could not stop Tampa's passing game. A late TD gave the Bucs a one point lead that we were unable to surmount. We lose the opener 21-20.

Week 2
Atlanta 0-1 @ LA Chargers 1-0
This will be just the second time that we have faced my old team since I abandoned them. They killed us back in the second game of 2024. But this is a very different team from back then. They were a dynasty that I had created. Now they are a team that consistently has just missed the playoffs, with just five of my former players on the roster. It has been kind of sad to see them decline in my absence over the years.

This week Leland wasn't able to have the same kind of success. But he still did fairly well, finishing with 101 yards rushing and another TD in 26 carries.

We were hurt by mistakes in this game. Three fumbles hurt us, as did a missed PAT. But we came through in the end thanks to our secondary making up for last week's game with 3 interceptions. We hold on to win it 12-9.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote