View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #89
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Preseason
In the preseason, we go 2-2, but as usual, most of my regular starters sit our most of these games. These are not a very good test of how well my team will do. While I did lose about 4 starters to free agency, I really don't think that this will hurt my team too badly. I had a couple of good breakout players who really look like they are ready to step in and make an impact. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be right near the top of the pack again this year. So my goals for this season are:
To win 13 games and the division
To reach the NFC title game
To have Leland Nixon set a new single season rushing record (2146 yards)
To have Leland Nixon score 17 TDs
To have Leland Nixon average 4.3 yards per carry

So far, I have reached every goal that I have ever set for this team and for Nixon. This year I really think that I am stretching myself, particularly regarding Leland. Reaching 2147 yards will not be an easy task. 17 TDs has only ever been accomplished once in league history (granted he was the guy that did it), and Leland has only had one season in which he has run for over 4.3 yards per carry.

Injuries
After the preseason ends I take a look at my injuries and I am not happy with what I see. Two starters will not be available for our opening game, and one of them is 5 time All-Pro RG Sammy Delgado. Sammy is the best offensive lineman in the game, bar none. One of the biggest reasons why this dynasty has gone so well is that we have Sammy on our team. We cannot afford to have him out for long.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote