View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 01:17 AM   #95
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 9
Atlanta 8-0 @ Chicago 3-4
We are heavily favored against the Bears. We will have to see how much of a difference having our starting LG out will make.
We should still be able to run the ball though as the Bears run defense is just mediocre.

I guess I spoke too soon. Chicago came out and did something that no one has been able to do all season, shut down Leland Nixon. They forced a couple of fumbles, but even beyond that, they just would not let Leland pick up more than a couple of yards here and there. He finished the game with just 58 yards in 23 carries and one TD. This time the rest of our team was not able to step in and fill in the gaps left my our lax running game. We lose our first game of the year, 24-16.

Week 10
Jonesboro 2-7 @ Atlanta 8-1
We have won 8 consecutive games against the Saints, and I don't see any signs of that changing today. The Saints are a bad team and they show few signs of having any desire to win a game.

Leland bounced back from his poor game last week with a 169 yard game that included one rushing TD and a second receiving TD. It was a solid game for our offence, but our defense were the true heroes as they just found ways to make huge play a crucial moments. A 79 yard TD pass as the final gun sounds makes this final score look close but it never really was. We win 23-17.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote