View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 AM   #97
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Atlanta 11-1 @ Miami 9-3
This should be one of the best games this week. Miami has a great passing attack that is led by a QB playing far better than anyone ever expected him to, as well as a tandem of running backs who have been running phenomenally well. They also have a solid running defense that may greatly limit our ability to move the ball this week. Miami is favored by 1.

Miami did find a way to shut down Leland for most of the game, but our QB really stepped up and made things happen, completing 15 of 19 passes for 255 yards and 2 TDs to lead us to a 21-17 victory. Nixon scored one TD, but he only averaged 2.8 yards per carry for 76 yards.

Injuries: Last week I signed a new guard to start for us. In his first game he was injured and will miss the rest of the year.

Week 15
Carolina 3-10 @ Atlanta 12-1
I have only lost one game to the Panthers in the time that I have been managing the Falcons. I don't want to see that change this week. However in spite of Carolina's poor performance this year this will not be an easy game for us. Carolina actually has a decent running defense and our line is battered and patched together. I am just hoping for them to hold their ground for the rest of the regular season.

Our strategy was to give the ball to Nixon a lot, and by and count on our defense to shut down the Panther's defense. The plan worked well, even if Leland didn't pick up many yards each carry. It seemed to always be just enough. He finished the game with 133 yards on 36 carries. It was not a great game, and with just two games left it is almost impossible for him to reach his 4.3 yard average that we had hoped for. By my rough calculations, Leland would need to average 5.8 yards per carry over the next two games to get close to his 4.3 yard goal. He was held out of the end zone as well. We easily won the game 24-10.

Last edited by stkelly52 : 03-21-2005 at 01:15 AM.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote