View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #43
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
You may already know this, but you can't tke advantage of the real names without starting a new game.

This is true for EHM but not for wwsm\fm. I put the fixes.inc file into my "in progress" wwsm 2009 game and it worked fine, same with wwsm08.

Put the fixes.inc file into the "all" folder. If you are on Steam and using the 9.01 update make sure you put it in that folder. I was confused at first because Steam doesn't keep the updated data base in the default "db" folder. Instead you need to navigate to
"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\wwsm\data\updates\update-910\db\910\inc\all".

Once the file is in place start wwsm and go to "preferences>display&sound" and untick the skin cache option, tick the "always reload skin on confirm" and then hit the confirm button. The skin will redraw and the real league names\competitions will be in your game.

You can then go back and retick the skin cache to make the game load faster. And untick the "always reload skin on comfirm" if you wish since it really has no effect unless you are changing something in the game.

Hope that helps.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote