View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
[*] We still watch a decent chunk of our shows off of network tv. If we end up with that setup, is there a good way to DVR things off of network?

Tivo Premiere (though with bunny ears or something similar):

https://www3.tivo.com/store/premiere..._premiere_shop

(I got a lifetime service - there was a deal that made it $400, but $14 a month ain't bad)

Quote:
[*] How often does a show "fall off" of Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, or Netflix? Sometimes, we'll get behind on our tv shows and the DVR is useful because, for instance, CBS will keep shows up on their website for 3 weeks and then it's gone. If you want it after that, you have to go pay for it, skip the episode, or watch it through more unsavory means.

Hulu Plus usually as the last 5 episodes of a current network TV. Netflix has episodes usually after they come out on DVD. Amazon Prime has all the eps, but you have to pay $1.99 or $2.99 for HD for eps this season.

Quote:
[*] How about hardware: Roku boxes seem pretty popular. This is a streaming appliance, right? Does it have DVR features? Do you need DVR features with a streaming appliance (previous question kindof covers that)?[/list]

Just streaming, no DVR. Technically the Tivo Premiere has Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon apps, but its ridiculously slow on them (for some reason), so I use my Roku.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote