View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #176
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Just a heads up...we'll be podding tonight, starting around 9pm EST, with conference tournament talk and updates. We're starting to look at the tournament (Murray, Muns and I comprise the CJBL Tournament Selection Committee), and this year has provided us with some giant headaches.

The Tournament Selection Show will be on Sunday evening, probably around 8pm EST. I imagine I'll make it an audio/visual show like last year, since I have the template for the bracket that I made last season). It is the most fun college pod of the year (though I think we'll have a more concrete schedule next year).

Anyway, I know we'll be podding at the same time as the JBL pod, but I'll post the link in Slack for any CJBL ADs who want to listen live tonight.
Not sure I'll be at a computer around 9pm, but I'll definitely be listening and seeing how it matches up with my thoughts so far... seems like a weak bubble where no teams who miss can feel aggrieved, and a couple who wouldn't make it in a normal year will end up in - some schools like UVa & Gonzaga who seemed like they could fall onto the bubble are still comfortably in once you dig in. But seeding from 6-11/12? Good luck Even teams like Cincy & VCU who probably are that good don't have the resumes to back it up (with the AAC falling off the map this year). Pitt's solid, but why are they #24 while NC State is #36? Are any of the SEC teams other than Kentucky actually good? (And how is Florida 10th?) I don't care where Charlotte is as long as we're in (and not matched up against the best team in the country again in Round 1! ), but I thought for sure I'd be in the 10-12 range even a week ago, but looking at it now if I win at Western Kentucky there's a real argument for us being a 6 seed.

It's largely due to Coronavirus timing, but somehow I both know & care more about this league than actual NCAA bball this year

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-01-2020 at 03:57 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote