Thread: FOF7 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
aston217
College Prospect

Thanks for the help, Dawgfan! Do you need to back up several weeks worth of the *entire* league folder (sounds like that would take a lot of space), or would backing up what's in the "export" directory suffice? (I'm thinking if you copy those files over, it would be like reloading a previous stage a la 2k7)

What I meant with the first one is that if you follow the game's instructions, you'll set up a new MP league, enter your password, download the "initial game files", successfully load the game...and then any player you click on will give you ever messages because you still won't have the EOS files.

I don't know if the exclusion of EOS files is by design, or if it depends on how you set up your league's FTP server. I would love for our setup instructions to NOT have to include the part where we explain "This is your Leagues folder. It's hidden inside AppData\Solecismic\yada yada. Here is a ZIP file. Now you have to move all these files to this place manually." It just seems like setup is so close to being trivially easy, as it should be...but for this part.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote