View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #29
QuikSand
lolzcat

Side note:

I know what this feels like. It's a challenge setup I have used in FOF, I have called it the "Seven Year Itch." Basically populate your whole roster just using the rookie draft, nobody stays past 7 seasons. So, with only 49 draft picks, you basically have to max out every pick - if you really whiff on a DE, for example, it's really tough to fill in.

Anyway... I sense this is how this game ultimately works. You can't sign free agents, you just build your team through the draft. Depth doesn't matter, apparently, only for purposes of having an able guy ready when an old guy implodes at the end of his useful life.

So, there it is...every decade you can draft 10 first round talents, 10 second round talents, and so forth. Once you have used an early pick on a TE, like I just did, you really can't afford to use another pick on a TE for years and years -- there's no way to set up your offense to use a double TE set, use one in the slot, whatever. One guy would just rot. So - I use a mid-first round pick at TE, hope that's worth the investment, and if next year there's a 9-9-9-9 TE sitting there at my pick at 1.14, well, I have to understand that I'm throwing away last year's 1st rounder to take this new guy... and that's hard to live with. Same thing at every position, basically - though the groups are more forgiving, and you can/should be laddering guys there.

So, that's how you build in this game. Watch for needs, both for right now and for pretty soon, and draft for them. Lather, rinse, repeat.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote