View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 06:52 AM   #426
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
As it began to hit North America, I have been seeing the wave of "just let it spread, I'm healthy so I'll be okay" sentiment going around.

That's insane. I have a diabetic son (16). My mom has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. My co-worker immediately beside me is in her 20's, but has diabetes AND asthma.

So if I don't take the proper precautions, I could kill 3 people. And if someone close to me doesn't take the proper precautions and I get it from them, they are partially responsible as well.

We are all ultimately responsible for our own bodies, but we also live in the world, and our actions affect others.

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting out earlier in the thread also. Even if the death rate for kids is 0% (and for all accounts it seems to be close to that) they all still could pass this to each other at school and infect teachers, custodians, lunch ladies and come home and give it to parents, sibling, caregivers, and grandparents. So sure the risk to 8 year old Susie is pretty minimal but she could indirectly kill 85 year old Rose from a simple sneeze on counselor who goes and visits her mom in nursing home.

And the other thing is blowing off "Well yeah but you have to have pre-existing conditions" like these people have leprosy or something. My dad is 78 with high blood pressure and COPD. Really had not planned on him dying anytime soon but seems like discussion (not on here as much as other places) thinks that is pretty expected and not unusual.

Last edited by panerd : 03-09-2020 at 06:55 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote