View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 06:18 AM   #24
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Bundesliga shaping up to be another close affair. Actually think Dortmund are favourites ... First 11 is a wash between them and Bayern (even with Coutinho), but Dortmunds bench is much, much deeper. Other than CB and CM, Bayern are spread so thin that 2 injuries would mean they have to play a guy way out of position or play a kid with no business being on the pitch (5 of 9 subs last game were U19 and none of them anywhere close to bluechip prospects).

Are you just hedging your bets?

I really think Dortmund are clear favorites. I am really down on Bayern. If their name was Ausberg, I think people would be more comfortable putting them lower in the table. Now lower in the table is relative for Bayern of course. There are not competing for Europa league spots. My top three are Dortmund, Leipzig, and then Bayern. I really think Bayern could have a league form similar to Real Madrid the last couple of years.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote