View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
muns
Pro Starter

FOOL’S Managers over the years

So with Alan busting his hump around here all the time, I figured id try to come up with something fun (Alan actually inspired me to do it when he created the Franchise History page). Ive been working on this for about a month now, and its still no where close to being done. So I figure ill release 5 every other day or something until I get done. Well see how it goes.

What makes FOOL so special league wise, is not only our great set up game wise, but the Guys and Gals that we have in the league. This is my attempt to not only categorize our history but to rate our “FOOLS” over the course of our history.

As Alan has so nicely put up and worked so hard on the Franchise History http://www.fool-x.net/fool/fool.htm he made all this possible and with his information there it was easy to pull and play with.

So a big shout out and thank you does need go out to Alan, for not only this but for EVERYTHING he has done for FOOL.

As I sat down to do this I couldn’t quite figure out how I wanted to rank everybody. Did I just want to do it with wins and losses? Playoff wins and Losses? Titles? Participation in the league? Did that manager help move FOOL forward on issues? Were they active on the boards??? After thinking about it, I wanted it all included into one encompassing rating. So I guess that’s how people are ranked, and thats how I did it. This isn’t meant to offend anyone. Its for fun, and while I may or may not have some strong feelings on a few guys, I think I did this as honestly as I could.

When I could I also included a post that either brought back some history, or back ground to prove the point im trying to make. In doing that things came flooding back on some things, and for you vets it’s a fun ride, and for the newer guys, you can get some background on how FOOL either came about or how it has helped shape this league somehow.

So with that being said lets get right into the count down of our 43 current and past managers

43. Malc Pow- He ran the Chicago Franchise for a few years and went 129-179 for a win % of .419. That isn’t the worst we have had here in FOOL, as it is actually the 5th worst, but all in all I don’t remember him too much, and he didn’t stick around long. Someone has to start us off, and Mac Pow is the guy that I chose due to the win %, and not remembering much about him.

42. Sir Fozzie- Sir Fozzie is a long time Member of the FOFC Community at Large, and someone I have a lot of respect for in general. However that said he too also ran the Chicago Franchise which historically is one of FOOL’S worst and if Mastermind DC didn’t run it for a bit, very well could have easily been FOOL’S all time WORST Franchise. Fozzie’s all time record was 210-406 which does equal the worst win % of all time in FOOL at .341. Overall Sir Fozzie wasn’t around long enough to make a huge impact on FOOL, however he did create quite a stir in 1966 and will be best remembered in FOOL for his deal with me in which he sent one player, Catcher Stanford Jones my way for 12 guys and a draft pick. That deal sent long time FOOL member Chief Rum in a tizzy, that resulted in a long debate about how trades should be done in FOOL. Thanks does go out to Fozzie to help make FOOL a better place with that deal. That discussion can be found here 1966 Trade Board - Front Office Football Central

41. dacubz- Dacubz came into the league and took over the Columbus Crusaders in 1985 and was around until 2002. He amassed 1197 wins with 1600 losses and a win % of .428. He did make the playoffs once but had no titles. He makes the list where he does due to his low activity (only 43 posts) and for the fact that if some of our other owners (who are low on this list) would have stuck around more, im sure they would have been a tad more successful. Dacubz tried and just couldn’t find his nitche here in FOOL.

40. brittdad- Brittdad joined FOOL around 1983 with the Wyoming franchise (formerly of Valdosta Fame) and started off with a bang. He made a few trades and was involved in plenty of activity on the boards here, however Brittdad was brought into the league by former FOOLER TimGuru (who will be in the countdown later) and around that time, we started to have some “issues” per se in FOOL with how the league was going. Some Nasty spats on the boards ran rampid around here, and we lost a few managers. Brittdad was included in that purge of FOOLERS lost. In his time here, taking over a team that was bare Brittdad went 269-501 with a win % of .349 the second lowest in FOOL History. Im convinced that if he would have stayed around he would have been a nice fit in FOOL, and I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back around.

39. Indalltheway -He joined the league in 1963 and lasted only a few short years. He just wasn’t around long enough to do much here in FOOL at all as he went 257-359 for a win % of .417, which does put him 5th worst all time. I don’t remember much of him and his post total in FOOL looks like its only around 20 or so posts. He won a bit more than the others below him, which is why he lands at 41 on the list.

38. fairly- This one hurts kinda, as I like Fairly and he has recently come back and joined FOOL H in one of our sister leagues here. Fairly came into FOOL managing the New Orleans Rens franchise who before he joined had changed names and cities 3 times from 1961-1964. That should tell you what he had to deal with as he started off. That said Fairly was out just as fast as he joined as he had 5 total posts before leaving FOOL. I did like his explanation of why he chose Wrens for the N.O Franchise which can be found here New Orleans under new management - Front Office Football Central

Im glad to see you did in fact come back Fairly. Good luck in FOOL H.

Stay tuned for the next set of guys to be released.

Last edited by muns : 08-25-2009 at 07:41 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote