View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #117
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Around our families, we have been pretty tight lipped about what we do from a business standpoint. Mainly for 2 reasons.

1. Loose lips sink ships (so to speak). We were burned once by people being too flappy with their lips so we just shut it down in telling people anything in what we do. There is nothing more frustrating in trying to purchase an item, and someone goes 'HEY, HOW MUCH YOU GOING TO SELL THAT FOR!!!!' or telling everyone how successful you are and throwing around numbers or having your own relatives try to do the same thing you are doing and compete with you. (That was the final straw to any information coming out)

2. There are elements of our families that believe that other members of the family should be giving them money. We just didn't want to have to deal with that. Unfortunately, this will come out when we open a brick and mortar store since everyone knows that anyone who owns a business is a millionaire. (/sarcasm)

Last night we pulled back the Wizard's curtain to my sister and her husband. We have been using them as a little bit of a reference on basic business dealings since he has owned his own stores in the past. (grocery stores, got out of the business several years ago). I think we completely shocked them to the degree that we do it.. I don't know what they thought we were doing, but after I showed them last night, I just got a 'Holy Shit' from them. I don't think they realized how serious we were into our business until that point.

The rest of my family.. ya, they can wait. Kinda sucks in not being able to share, but there are a few elements that are going to make it tough and we would just assume not have to deal with those elements at this time.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote