View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #489
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Just came back from the local Walmart, it wasn't that busy. I'm in suburbia about 20 miles north of Atlanta. Still lots of food but some shelves were noticeably more bare vs normally fully stocked.

I did pass by a couple close-to-empty isles where I got laundry detergent and Bounce. I assume those were toilet paper, lysol and stuff.

I wonder if the supply lines for food is getting stretched a little thin with the hoarding, prepping etc. that is going on. I'm not sure if the hoarding has already happened, in-progress or just in the early stages ... my guess is just in the early stages. If that's right, interesting to check out grocery stores in 2-4 weeks to see if we can keep the supply lines going.

That's something our CIC should be doing and saying to reassure us ... talk to food manufacturers, transportation companies, pharma's and figure out how to keep plenty of food, hand sanitizers, antibiotics, asthma medicine and like etc. flowing. It may really not be as bad as MSM is saying but to deny that it is serious is stupid.

Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and water are in short supply here and have been for 2-3 weeks now. The toilet paper aisles, specifically, are nearly empty in every store I've been in. Hand Sanitizer is impossible to find.

My neighbor is a manager at the Safeway next to us and told my wife they received their first box of Hand Sanitizer in over 2 weeks this weekend. Not a very large box so only a few bottles. A guy showed up and tried to buy the entire box, was told there was a limit of 5 per customer so he had each of his 5 kids pay for 5 bottles of hand sanitizer. The 25 bottles he bought ended up being most of the box they received. Apparently this resulted in a lot of pissed off customers, screaming, cursing, and overall a fairly big incident as far as a local Safeway goes.

When I hear of people freaking out and buying up the hand sanitizer and cleaning products like this I wonder if they're intelligent enough to realize that if others can't buy cleaning products as well then all they're doing is holding off the inevitable.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote