View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #412
Radii
Head Coach

We remain #1 in the mid-major poll. Utah State loses again, and has now lost 2 in a row going into their showdown with Nevada out in the WAC. Nevada #2, Utah State #3. None of us are ranked in the media or coaches poll now though.

We're now at the halfway point of the conference schedule. Here's how we look:

1. Ohio 8-0
2. Akron 6-2
3. N. Illinois 5-3
4. Miami OH 5-3
5. Kent State 5-3
6. Ball State 4-4
7. Toledo 4-4
8. Buffalo 4-4
9. E. Michigan 3-5
10. C. Michigan 2-6
11. Bowling Green 2-6
12. W. Michigan 0-8

The top 6 teams all have winning records overall. We're 16-4, Northern Illinois is 16-4. Akron is 14-5. The others are just 1 or 2 games over .500.

I planned on being asleep about 3 hours ago heh. I just kept blowing out all these teams and the "one more game" factor took hold, even though a full game takes an hour to play. I am *really* excited about finishing off this season and seeing where we can go. I don't think we'll go undefeated in conference play or anything. Road games at N. Illinois and Ball State, home games vs Akron and Miami OH, plus the possibility that we blow a stupid simmed game against Eastern Michigan or something.

But if we don't win the MAC tournament this year the season will be a failure, no question. And hopefully we're positioning ourselves for an 11 seed, or heaven forbid, a 10 or a 9 seed against a team that we're capable of beating. That's looking a long ways ahead though Lets see how long we can keep this unbeaten streak going, and if we can finally break into the top 25 tomorrow or Sunday.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote