View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #42
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Stayed there several times, I'd call it a good split of kid & adult attractiveness. Breakfast in the little restaurant right by the front door (Whispering Canyon Cafe) of the resort is one of the more filling meals I've had, underrated IMO & extremely kid friendly. Other meal times are fine there as well. Nothing fancy about the food but sticks to the ribs nicely & is a welcome break from the hamburger or chicken strip fare of the quick service.

I'd recommend shooting for a room assignment (if possible) in the main lodge, not because it's any nicer than the other rooms but rather because some of the outlying buildings are a little bit of a trudge back to the bus stops. Not nearly as bad as, say, Coronado Springs but every little bit helps. Can't always get it but it doesn't hurt to ask (IIRC you can't get the assignment more than 24 hours before check-in, but once you're booked it's worth a call to clarify/request).

The atmosphere of the resort in general (and especially the main lobby area) is pleasant & relaxing, and even if you aren't a smoker, the little balconies that are the designated smoking areas (hardly used in my experience) in each building provide a great escape if you need a few minutes of genuine quiet (doors are basically air tight so the only sounds you hear are ambient noise from the property which is minimal except very close to the pool in the daytime).

FWIW, there were plenty of good options for your situation but I don't think you'll regret your choice for a minute, it's a solid pick.

How's the boat service to the magic kingdom from the resort? I'd really like a resort that was on the monorail, but I can't justify paying an extra $500 for it. I picked that week, it's the first of the value weeks after their peak in June/early July, it saved me about $300 bucks.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 07-14-2011 at 09:43 PM.
cougarfreak is online now   Reply With Quote