View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #316
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Championship time!

No, that's not an error. That's really the score. I watched the whole game, and it was surprisingly a defensive battle. (no video because I played it on the development computer instead of the gaming computer)

Both teams would sustain drives until they got into the redzone, and then they'd either throw an interception or kick a FG. The one TD in the game came on a desperation heave to a downfield WR that the Twisters had beautifully double-covered. The poor throw allowed the faster WR to adjust and make the reception, and then break 2 tackles for the stroll into the endzone. It was crazy.

The Twisters had a great drive after that score, only to throw a pick in the endzone, which the T-Pain returned to the 3. 2 sacks in a row to get the safety cut the score to 7-5.

After that, it was "close your eyes and chuck the ball" time, because there had to be at least 3 more interceptions. I've never see so many in a game before. There was hope near the end of the game when the Twisters picked off a quick-out, and broke the initial tackle. He was streaking down the field for a go-ahead TD, but the T-Pain are a much faster team, and tracked him down for the game saving tackle.

Overall, I think the speed of the T-Pain was the difference. They are a really fast team, and it's hard to get any long TDs on them. They track you down every time and force you to continue to make plays.

The T-Pain sponsor is currently researching for the new team name. Once that comes in, I'll send it off for the new logo.
Attached Images
File Type: png champ.png (46.6 KB, 64 views)