View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Herbella injures Rooney.. Rooney insists he can continue. I'll be watching him closely.

14 minute mark: cook throws it into to Parker who passes to Rooney in the box.. he draws three defenders.. passes between them to Downing by the far left post.. Downing shoots.. easy goal for him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

21 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. down the left sideline.. crosses to McFadden by the near post.. he heads it... into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

25 minute mark: Eagles steals it at midfield.. passes it long to Rooney.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots a fabulous curving shot.. lower right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

37 minute mark: Herbella collides with Downing.. hard hit... in the box.. on McFadden.. Herbella is ejected.. Penalty shot awarded. Lucio steps up to take it.. he powers it into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We are going to crush them for playing unfairly and hurting our guys last game.

47 minute mark: Cook intercepts the ball at midfield.. heads it to Rooney.. he burns two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. fires a shot into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 5-0!

65 minute mark: Cook has picked up a minor injury. I put Stevanovic on for him. Eagles is tired, I put Neville in for him. McFadden is hurt, I put King in for him. Rooney will stay in and get a shot at the hattrick.

75 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left sideline.. burns three defenders.. crosses to the far post.. Rooney with a diving header.. GOAL!!!! 6-0! That is Rooney's hattrick.

80 minute mark: Neville steals it at midfield.. dribbles down the right sideline.. crosses to the far post.. King with a header.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 7-0.

89 minute mark: Parker heads away a pass to Rooney in the box.. he blisters a curving shot into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 8-0.

Game over. 8-0 win for us. 12-1 win on aggregate. We taught them a valuable lesson. Don't piss off a gorilla.

We outshot them 27-1 (16-0 on target)

Wayne Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 10 of 13 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 3 of 12 headers, 1 interceptions, 4 runs, 1 assist, and 4 goals.

Downing and Eagles also had 10's.

Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, and Lucio all had 9's. Cook and McFadden both had 8's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote