View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #1393
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

We're at a full 70 players, so work to do here.

I'm trying to click in a third QB for chemistry, that dream will live on after 60, we'll see about 53.

At RB, I will give McInerney another year, and Coates with him. Last year they were basically the whole show. I've got four hangers on looking for that RB3 role and maybe a clearer shot next year after we decline to re-sign McInerney. What matters in a running back? Indeed, Dr Freud, what do women want?

At TE, in keeping with my track record, it's a near tossup for TE2 between our 2nd round rookie and some guy we grabbed off the trash heap after the draft. UDFA Lee Lester is a local guy from U of Md, plays special teams, and is better for chemistry. The rookie with the $4m plus signing bonus might be a trivially better receiver. Right now, faith in them is high enough we discard our non-affinity stopgap.

WR group looks okay - Malone is fading, and likely takes another punishing ratings hit in preseason. Carubba and Roach are okay at WR1/WR2, but we won't have that build-around target any longer. That will sting a bit. Rookie Schultz will make the team but never be a serious factor, I think.

LB Max Welch reported to camp - good news for us. So, we likely get him for his two remaining years, that's ideal. That will push Hjerppe out of a job. Circle of life and all that.

Lots of tidying up. Cutdown to 53 will be tricky here, a few tough calls at LB, DB especially.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote