View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #257
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I think there's a huge number of exceptions to this, especially with the exaggeration of "disagree with a slight bit of anything they said" :P

I don't think anyone is changing anyone else's minds, but I think a lot of people are at least having conversations without yelling fascist at the person or people they're talking to.

A lot of us are on this board.

On the list of Brian's radical examples, the only partial one that I don't fit is "won't consider nuclear as a transitional option." All of the rest of that I agree with 1000%.

Of course, there are people like this, and they're very loud on twitter. Unfortunately all we can do is block them. They likely have value for their respective sides but anyone on the left who considers the GOP, or moderate right folks who separated themselves from trump - their sworn enemy can go fuck themselves.

There certainly is a lot of fighting on these threads, but I wouldn't really consider paint FOFC or anybody in it with the extreme left or right brush. For the most part, we can have conversations here, and that's more than you can expect in many places. We often can't agree, but that's okay.

Reddit on the other hand, is a totally different story.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote