View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 08:03 PM   #8
miami_fan
Coordinator

He tried to stay home but then they put a hold on his money

Let's be honest. If he still had respect for his teammates and vice versa, the Sixers are probably not in this situation today. I don't blame either side the lack of respect. At some point, his teammates were going to get tired of Simmons's not shooting BS. Ben can rightful look at most of the teammates and say you are not nearly as good as what you do best as I am at what I do best.

I know it may sound like I am defending Simmons but I am not. He is being unprofessional. He has been unprofessional all off season. He ignored his teammates' attempts to meet with him to clear the air. He ignored calls from the coaching staff and the front office. When they finally did meet before training camp, the only thing they could reportedly agree on was that he had a contract. Ben Simmons is an employee who is only showing up to work to get paid for the time he is at work and is acting as such. He has show them what he is both on and off the court. It is time for the organization to believe him and replace him with someone who may be less talented but wants to be a member of the Sixers.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote