View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #16
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Looks like the next chapter in the Simmons Saga is claiming mental issues, and then whatever litigation/arbitration procedures in the CBA to figure out whether or not the team pays him for not playing due to that. Ugh.

For the first time in the whole saga, I am conflicted with how I feel about Ben Simmons's actions.

I believe that Ben Simmons is having mental health issues. I hope he gets the help that he needs. I don't believe those mental issues have anything to do with him not wanting to play for the Sixers, especially with that coach and the star of the team in the building. I also don't think his mental health has anything to do with the things he has done to make sure that he is not playing for the Sixers especially with that coach and that star of the team. I fear that he is the guy that people point to when they want to make light of athletes and their mental health issues.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote