View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 12:52 PM   #263
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, what happened today seems awfully predictable in retrospect. They release 64 new cards all rated 88, and all obtainable by completing a set of lower rated cards. We even got a screenshot yesterday of what does that look like… So it was pretty straightforward to know what cards would be the components needed for these sets. Turns out it was 1x 85-86, 3x 83-84, and 4x 80-82.

The central card here is the 83. You need three for the set. Lots of people are going to want to do those sets. They’ll need lots of 83 cards.

I had accumulated “a lot” of each of these cards over recent weeks. I had been buying 83 cards for under 7,000 coins.

Last night I opened up the market w my son, and we looked at the 83s… 7,500 … 7,800 … I held firm to my buy price of 7,000 and grabbed a few but declined to go whole hog.

And now today… the sets are out, the market is crazy. These new 88 cards are reliably selling for around 90-100k, mainly because the demand for 83s has inflated their price to around 14k each.

So.. cool that I built these sets 11 times and am on my way to selling them off at a nice profit. But when I sat there I easily could have bought, say, another 60 copies of those 83 cards for 400-450K and I’d probably be selling off another 20 of these 88s at a genuine profit of 25k each.

Anyway… I made a good hit out of a potentially great one. Sitting on about 2.6m, a new high for me, with a few more pieces outstanding to sell, so I’ll approach 3m. Not bad. More guts and I’d have cleared an extra million, maybe.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote