View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 11:20 PM   #42
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Rockets want to buy John Wall out. They don't want him. John Wall refuses to accept a buyout and would rather sit at home and collect his paycheck until they're either able to move him or his contact expires.

Is the buyout $91 million or whatever the rest of his contract is? Why exactly would he pay the Rockets money back to release him?

Please don't take this as a defense of John Wall the player. I think he is league minimum/ mid level exception guy for the rest of his career once this contract expires. I think he knows that which is why he would fight for every dime. The Rockets took on that contract less than a year ago. It was no secret how bad it was. They can do what the Wizards did and slap a 1st rounder on the deal to send him away,

Ultimately, it is not my money. If the Rockets owner wants to pay him to stay home, so be it. I do think it is incredibly unfair to paint Wall in a bad light for not taking a buyout. Unless we find out that he has not refused to play for the Rockets.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote