Thread: QB grades?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #5
Blue_shift
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Pretty sure he's looking at exactly what he said he's looking at:The green highlight is what he's looking at, and his key comments (in red) are 100% correct. On every play from scrimmage in the logs, 21 players get "+++" or "---", but the QB gets "***".

Blue_shift, Stelmack's Interrogator (part of the utility suite) pulls +++/--- for QBs. I'm using that to get that data, and comparing it to the average for the position. That's why you don't see 95% or something like the logs, but instead a small positive or negative number. If the positional average +++/--- for the season is 95.0% and the guy is 96.6%, you'll see a +1.6 in that column.

This is exactly correct, thanks. I didn't realize there was a tool for pulling grades for all the players! I had written my own utility but it's pretty slow and didn't do anything with QBs (which is actually why I was asking this) so I'll have to check that out.

Anyway this pretty much answers my question. Sorry I didn't respond to anyone yesterday, I am in grad school currently and Mondays are extremely busy for me.
Blue_shift is offline   Reply With Quote