View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 01:17 AM   #25
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Offense

Defense

We're still a similar team I think. I think we hit pretty well on the RB Fairfield. The rookie LT Turnbull got starts for us at that spot in the preseason, but I think we're going to move him to RT and have Norm Word play the blind side in Week 1.

I worry mostly about two things...

One, it's clearly freaking impossible to find CB talent. I think that's a spot for the first round, and maybe only the top of the first round. We've been unwilling to stretch to add guys at that spot and we've really had to scrounge to find decent bodies. We're lucky to have the group we have with how little we've actually spent in money and draft resources.

Two, we're really young. Which means we lack experience and cohesion, and that the guys we play get expensive quickly. We're really up against the cap and next year won't be better. We're probably carrying at least one too many "max contract" types. We'll see where it goes, but I think we're being pushed to think through whether we can just keep rolling it over and hitting on draft picks who we develop but can't really afford to keep.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote