View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #187
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

June 30, 2012

As expected, MF Chris McCabe has retired from professional soccer. The 32 y/o made 219 league appearances for Blyth during his 8 year career.
----

Hey, they must like me. The Board has offered to nearly double my salary, from $575/wk to $1,000/wk ... but only for one year. I ask for that to be two years, and they agree so quickly that I think I just screwed myself out of some money.

---
We just had a veritable boatload of contracts expire, players who will be around on a month-to-month/per appearance basis unless or until they're released or decide to move on.

The following players chose to leave of their own accord and we're happy enough to see them off the books
GK - Matty Crook, Kyle Barlow
D Wayne Buchanan, David Coulson, Phil Cave

Coach Adam Johnson chose to leave after his contract ended, I guess our lack of conversation about extending his contract kind of gave him the hint.
----
The following players chose to leave of their own accord and we're disappointed to see them go.
MF Neal Hooks, Chris Emms
We'd have happily resigned both to reasonable deals but they were unwilling to discuss extensions

---
The following players are now out of contract but have chosen to remain for now under month-to-month deals:

MF Danny Groves - we'd like to re-sign but he won't talk, $275/wk
ST Lee Mason - we're not interested in resigning, $160/wk, RELEASED
ST Phil Bannister - we're not interested in resigning, $160/wk, RELEASED
ST Yanis Gallis - we're not interested in resigning, $130/wk, RELEASED
ST Glen Taylor - we'd like to re-sign but he won't talk, $190/wk

Our current salary situation is $8.400/wk with a budget of $9,950/wk