View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #419
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I was going off the assumption that, on Day 1, there were only a handful of folks that used the word "Republic" in their opening quote. Bonus for it being capitalized, as that is how it appeared in my PM.

You used the word "Republic" again in post #359.

The reason I give this some weight, besides the fact it is in my role description, is that stcronin did not use that word at all in any of the introduction posts (although he did say REPUBLICAN once). So, I think folks picking through the rules and generic descriptions would be more apt to pick out something derived from "Rome" or loyal Senator or something of that kind.

Perhaps I overthought things, but there is the thought process that, along with your post about your wealth being an asset to the Republic, lead me to remove my vote from you.

And, for what it is worth, it is also the reason I placed one of my votes on Autumn. He has been mentioning the term quite a bit throughout, as well.

I am hesitant about this for three reasons.

1) He wasn't the first to use it, so could have copied from someone else. (Kwhit was the first to use it, Coffee was the second I believe)

2) Cronin could have changed up wording in PMs a good bit to try to keep people from using PM matching to build trusts (Such as having varying words in different good guy PMS and having some of the same words in some of the bad guy pms).

3) I don't like using PMs to build trust lists in the first place.

You are right, he did say it though, and I hadn't noticed that before now. It was in my pM as well and I've referenced the republic alot this game in my conversation, but he did say it before anyone else other than Kwhit. I just think if we rely on that too much it will lead us in a trap at some point though. I still haven't voted for CW's being kicked off the rock, and am leaning towards not to right now, but does anyone have a vote count currently of who and how many people have voted for him?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote