View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #3534
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I was very surprised that

- none of the Tarqs asked me if they could pool their resources before I told them they could, and

- that nobody publicly speculated that it was a possibility.

To me, it seemed a very obvious scenario.

Keep in mind, that ALL of the resources were potentially valuable, and for them to pool their resources would mean giving up shots at something else. EVERY DAY there were lawyers that weren't hired, and on several days NO lawyers were hired. That was catastrophic for the village.

cronin, i realize this was a monster of a game to set up and run, but IMO, it was overly complicated...there were so many mechanics in play at one time that you couldnt even keep up with them all. there was no information available to the village without running one of the complex mechanics, and it is a little difficult to pick up every nuance of the game, however significant, when you have to pick up EVERY nuance of the game...especially when there are 500 or 600 posts every day to try and sift through. the voting mechanic made it incredibly easy for the wolves to sit back and watch us kill each other off, and the sheer number of players made this the easies UTR game ever....i had to keep checking the first posts just to remember who the hell was playing.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote