View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #756
Radii
Head Coach

-- March 27th: Gordon Donnelly is hurt in training and will miss 2 weeks. McDonald Mariga begins full training the same day.

-- March 28th: GK Chris Mason started for the England U19 squad against Azerbaijan and put up a very strong 7.5 rating in a 3:0 win.

-- March 30th: DL Stuart Kirkaland put up an 8.2 rating for the England U21's in a 5:0 win over Azerbaijan.

-- Contract notices come up but at this point its all guys we're letting go... Adriano/Yebda (age/1 year players), Bruce, Coutts and Fryers

April Update

-- Just 3 matches in April.

-- Stuart Kirkland gets a good training report... First Touch (13), Heading(10), Marking (12), Anticipation(11), Decisions (15), and Positioning (12) are all up. He's really becoming a strong all around player. If his technical skills will continue to rise and round out over the next few years he'll be a real stud.

-- The board is pleased still. The increase in stature is a positive, the 5-2 loss to Southampton is the new negative.

-- We made $497k last month.

-- April 2nd: Adriano hurts himself in trianing and he's out 6-8 weeks, the rest of the year basically, which is fine.

-- April 2nd: McKerr resumes full training

-- April 4th: Troy Brown and Bojinov resume full training... but Henrique hurts himself and is out for 3 weeks.

-- The media notes that our next match will be my 500th as a manager in my career. Neat!

April 6th: Wolves (18th) @ Ipswich(20th)

Constantino gets us a 18th minute goal on the counter attack, he receives a ball near midfield and does it all himself, a long run down the right, cutting inside and making one man miss before finishing! 1-0 Assist to Mariga.

They tie it back up in the 53rd minute, a cross and header won over Fryers and McKerr, both were there really.

Those are the only goals of the match. Wolves keep the pressure on til the 80 minute mark or so when we seem to take over and make a real effort to get the winning goal, but 3 different strong looking attacks end in nothing and its a draw.

Ipswich 1 : 1 Wolves

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.3)
Goal: Constantino
Assist: Mariga (7.9)

No one else above 7, Kang struggles with a 6.2, Carlos Antonio 6.3 in goal again.

Ipswich Relegated

-- We are offiically out of contention to stay up.

-- As we are relegated, McDonald Mariga tells us that he has no desire to finish his career at the Championship level and asks for a transfer. While he was one of my best players this year and I wanted him to help me win promotion back up, I go ahead and grant his request. He came over on a free transfer to us and maybe we can make some money and let him finish his career at a higher level if he wants.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote