View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #770
Radii
Head Coach

-- McDonald Mariga is named the Ipswich fans Player of the Year this year.

Ipswich Best Eleven

One real dumb decision here.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Henrique/Fryers/McKerr
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mariga/Coutts
AMC: Gordon
ST: Constantino

Coutts doesn't belong anywhere near this team. Gordon played a lot of AMC before we changed formation so I assume that threw off the logic. But Kang AMC/Gordon MR is the only way to go here. McKerr on the team, Berthet off should be a huge wake-up call to him.

Ipswich All Time Best Eleven

GK: Brian Murphy (396 apps/6.79 rating)
DL: Danny Mathijssen (121 apps/2 goals/6.59 rating)
DC: Steven Caldwell (120 apps/1 goal/7.03 rating)
DC: Troy Brown (240 apps/2 goals/6.79 rating)
DR: David Wright (166 apps/2 goals/7.11 rating)
ML: Mario Licka (115 apps/8 goals/7.23 rating)
MC: Gordon Donnelly (202 apps/28 goals/6.88 rating)
MC: Owen Garvan (263 apps/18 goals/6.82 rating)
MR: Sylvain Berthet (167 apps/3 goals/6.89 rating)
ST: Jon Stead (241 apps/112 goals/7.00 rating)
ST: Achille Webo (152 apps/70 goals/6.91 ratings)

Brown, Donnelly and Berthet are active players. No one in this starting all time best 11 changed. Constantino was moved into the backup list though. He's played 79 matches and has 50 goals for Ipswich. He could take over a spot from Achille Webo if he has another superstar type year in the Championship.

Matthew Khan and Alex Bruce are both backups to the All Time Best Eleven also.

-- Ipswich receive $1.650,000 for TV rights. Ahh, $47 Million away from what we got last year.

Season Expectations

I tell the bosses that I expect no less than to win the league. This gives me a transfer budget of $4.7M and a wage budget of $475,000. That will give us some flexibility. We're spending $478,000 right now but that's before 4 or 5 players leave the club and everyone takes a salary reduction due to relegation. We should start the season under $350,000/wk I *think*.

-- 8 players are promoted from the U18 squad to the reserves. The only one worth noting is Chris Mason. I'm going to cut a bunch of U18 kids and clean up my squad a bit during July.

Youth Intake

We get 8 new players this year. 6 of them are complete crap and not worth my time.

DC/ST Duane Woodley has the potential "to be a decent player". Not someone expected to b a star and probably never an EPL player, but I'm interested because he's got some decent physical attributes and a determination of 19. Even if he never makes the EPL maybe we can make some money training him up and selling him to a Championship side.

ST Rob Kershaw has 2* potential, "to be a useful player". Nothing like that 19 determination to get me even a little excited. But he has decent flair, his dribbling and finishing are his best technical ratings. If there's room we'll get him a mentor and see if we can do anything with him.

Not too exciting this year.

Preseason Coaches Meeting

-- We're one of the younger squads in the league.
-- We're one of the most aggressive teams.
-- We're one of the best when it comes to concentration.
-- We're one of the best dribbling.
-- Our first touch is near the top.
-- Our flair is near the top.
-- We are short.
-- We are fast.
-- We pass really well.
-- We are the single most technically gifted squad in the league. This is the only one where we're at the top, but we're near the top basically everywhere.

-- Our coaches feel a 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, or 4-1-2-1-2 would be our best formations. I'm happy with the 4-4-1-1 going into the season.

Promotion Odds

Wolverhampton are considered the favorite to win the league and promote back up at 5:2.

Ipswich and Watford are both 5:1. QPR 14:1, Exeter 16:1, Bristol City 33:1.

-- Neil Gordon and Stuart Kirkland both play in England's 3:0 win over Georgia in the U21 Euro Championship. Neil Gordon is an absolute stud in this one, he's got a part in all 3 goals, scoring once and assisting on the other two. He's got a 9.2 rating and man of the match. Kirkland puts up a strong 7.9 in defense.

-- In the U21 Euro Championship Final, Stuart Kirkland plays 120 minutes, earning a 6.9 rating as Spain beats England 3:2. Unfortunately, Kirkland was injured in this match. Fortunately, he's only out a week and will be ready when friendlies start.

-- June 30th hits and retirements occur, and a lot of kids that I didn't keep on as they turned 18 leave. Our wage budget drops to $445k/wk with that.

-- As we hit July 1st, Birmingham offer me $5.5M for Kang Soo-Jin. He's unsettled in england still, so why would he want to go to Birmingham? But, he releases a statement saying he's unhappy that I wont allow him to decide whether or not he wants to go to Birmingham.

July Update

-- The board is satisfied with my leadership. The positive atmosphere among the team is a high point. The signing of Carlos Antonio remains a concern.

-- We mad $5.76M in June.

-- Zeki Fryers and Paul Coutts leave the club as their contracts expire. Our wage budget drops to $398,000. And apparently the relegation salary drop doesn't work right or simply doesn't occur based on my reading of the forums... or both. I had assumed that everyone would take a 25% salary hit. It hasn't happened yet. Google points me to a thread that says its a known bug that "hopefully gets fixed in FM11"... but also people saying that the clause only kicks in if you're relegated below the level that the contract was initially signed in.

Either way, we're fine this year, we have tons of flexibility. But a guy like Gordon Donnelly got a huge raise from like $39,000/wk to $52,000/wk when we promoted up. Should I be concerned that its going to stay at $52,000/wk and then if we re-promote he'll get another raise to $65,000/wk??

Sleeping on that one, I'm at a good stopping point anyway.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote