View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #791
Radii
Head Coach

-- I turn down yet another offer for Henrique and he's unhappy with me too. The transfer window is almost closed and we can get back to soccer for awhile and relieve the dramaz.

-- We play Fulham at home two matches in a row, league cup and league.

August 27th, 2019

League Cup 2nd Round

Fulham(3rd, CH) @ Ipswich(9th, CH)

We're an even money favorite at home vs Fulham today but they are off to a good start in the league. We're 5-2-5 lifetime against Fulham.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Kirkland/Burke/Welsh/McKerr
M: Guarin/Mariga/Donnelly/Gordon
ST: Hamilton/Khan

Couple lineup changes today to keep guys fresh. Guarin, Mariga, Khan in. Turgay Colak, Mills, Constantino out.

8': We win a ball deep in the defensive end, Kirkland sends it long to Hamilton, he runs down the left and lays a ball off for Mariga. Mariga plays a brilliant pass through the defense to Donnelly at the edge of the penalty area. Donnelly fires, its a solid shot, but off the post, so close!

20': Donnelly with a yellow.

22': Quick counter for Ipswich, a ball ahead to Khan, a pass to Hamilton who is 20 yards out, a strike... keeper has to dive to turn it behind. First corner is headed back for a second corner. This one is cleared away.

32': They have it in our end, a throwin, the penalty area is really crowded but they sneak a through ball for ST Dan Taylor, he's hurt and slowed and probably scores if he wasn't. Its still a clear cut chance for him but brilliant save by Carlos Antonio.

39': We're up to 9 shots, just had a very nice attacking move lead to a strong shot from Hamilton but its saved, we're looking really really good on the attack but just not getting the finish.

43': Disaster strikes... Donnelly makes a tackle in the midfield... he's given his second yellow and he's out of the match. Constantino in for Khan, Mills in for Hamilton. We change to a 4-4-1 and we're going to want Constantino up front for that.

HALF: We shoot 11 times, putting 6 on target, we do settle from long range a little much I think. They only have a 3 shots. The man down will be the big story of the second half. Can we hold them off? Can Constantino generate a goal to possibly win a man down?

71': They get a lob down the right side... a man forward, into the area but at a tough angle, Carlos Antonio covers the near post brilliantly and stops the shot.

75': After Mills and Gordon work the ball around a bit on the right a pass goes ahead to Constantino... he draws the defense and spots Guarin open in a dangerous position, a shot from 15 yards out... saved. Guarin needs to finish that.

76': We earn a throwin, Kirkland plays it up to Neil Gordon, he centers it to Steven Mills who is 20 yards out. Mills has a shot, its not struck too hard but its placed as perfectly as possible, into the upper left corner of the net, the keeper can't stop it!! 1-0

89': a strong attacking move as they are getting desperate and we exploit it well, Constantino receives a pass 30 yards out, sends it ahead to Gordon, the defense has come way high up and is converging on Gordon to try to take the ball away... Mariga cuts into the open space, Gordon finds him, Mariga shoots, on target!! We play a brilliant second half to get 2 goals a man down. 2-0

Ipswich 2 : 0 Fulham

Man of the Match: McDonald Mariga (7.9)
Goals: Mariga, Mills (7.6)
Assists: Gordon 2 (7.7)
Notables: Carlos Antonio (7.0), McKerr (7.3), Kirkland (7.5), Constantino (7.3)

-- We're up to August 29th... we get a random $8.75M offer from a french team for Berthet. Sorta tempting since McKerr is playing well and Berthet shit the bed in the EPL last year, but I'm sticking to my guns. This team is promoting back up, the one I have right now. I don't need millions of dollars right now, I need wins, and even though I have some concerns about Berthet, I'm not confident enough that I could go out and buy better reliably to take the risk.

Last edited by Radii : 09-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote