View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #793
Radii
Head Coach

September Update

-- Euro Championship qualifying gives us some time off in early September. We play on the 14th, 17th, 21st, 24th and 28th. The match ont he 24th is the 4th round of the League cup.

-- I receive a training update indicating that GK Chris Mason has trained well recently. Carlos Antonio is mentoring him and his Composure (13), Concentration (14) and Determination (6) have all gone up recently. It seems like our scouts view of Mason has dropped slightly, his potential is now presumed to be less than Carlos Antonio's level and he might be marginal as an EPL level keeper. I think I'll let him stay with me this year to train and be mentored and play every match with the reserves, hopefully make it back to the EPL next year, and then loan him to a championship squad that will start him next season. Then he'd be 20 y/o and I'll hopefully have a much better idea of whether he could ever start for me or not.

-- Constantino is the Championship player of the month. He's got 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 league matches and 2 cup goals as well. He's developed so well, the numbers he is capable of putting up this year could dwarf what he's done in the past. I don't expect a 50 goal season or anything. His last Championship season was 34 goals/11 assists. I would not at all be surprised to see 35 goals/20 assists this year with a rating over 8.0.

-- I win the manager of the month award. Right now there are 8 teams tied for 1st with a 3-1-1- record. We're one of them. Three managers in that group took 1st/2nd/3rd in the manager voting.

-- The board is satisfied with my leadership. The highlight is that I am "getting the best out of Constantino".

-- We lost $2.56M last month. Ouch. Our salary costs alone were higher than our revenue. If we lose $2.5M every month our early profits will be gone in February and we would end up losing about $12-$13M this season. That's worth it of course if we advance back up and as long as parachute payments work its actually ok if we don't b/c the parachute payment at the end of the season would cover it. I hate to keep harping on the salary drop that didn't happen but that's costing us about $80,000/wk right now. Basically not enough to make me want to stop playing or look into the game editor, but enough that I feel the need to continue bitching about it

-- Huddersfield offer Rio Ferdinand a job. I don't want to lose him. He's my 4* Ball Control coach. He's also a 4* tactics and 4* defending coach. I offer him a raise, but I suspect he'll leave anyway.

-- McDonald Mariga puts up an 8.1 rating and gets a goal in a 2:0 win for Kenya over Sao Tome in the African Cup of Nations Qualifiers. Morocco won their group unfortunately.

-- Clive Jackson scores for the England U19 squad against Finland in a friendly, a 5:0 rout, he puts up an 8.1 rating.

-- The England U21 squad beats Lithuania 7:0. Stuart Kirkland's performance is called "Magnificient" as he earns an 8.5 rating.

-- Chris Mason starts for the England U20s in a 4:1 win over Finland. He earns a 6.9 rating and is subbed out in the 79th minute.

-- In a coaches meeting I'm informed of more Chris Mason training goodness. In addition to the ratings mentioned at the start of the month (its Sept 12th now, good long break here) his Communication (8) and Handling (16) have also gone up.

September 14th, 2019

Ipswich(3-1-1, 4th) @ Cardiff(3-1-1, 7th)

Cardiff are 5:4 favorites today, making us 7:4 to win. We're 10-3-6 lifetime against them. Cardiff's worst finish in the Championship the last 5 years is 11th. They've only made the playoffs once though. A news report mentions that Rob Lewis is looking forward to playing against his old manager. He was our 3rd young ST behind Khan and Constantino that I decided to sell last year. He scored 4 goals in 6 matches for them to finish off last season, but has 5 games w/o a goal yet this year.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Kirkland/Henrique/Welsh/Berthet
M: Turgay Colak/Mills/Donnelly/Gordon
ST: Hamilton/Constantino

Donnelly and Gordon are back in, Mariga out. Standard mindset on the road.

5': We lose the ball while charging forward to start up an attack, they get a long ball to Rob Lewis, he gets into the area but has a shot stopped by Carlos Antonio.

22': They build up quickly on offense, a ball from midfielder Ellis to Rob Lewis... seems like Berthet needed to be on Lewis and just lost sight of him there. Lewis gets into the area and its their first clear cut chance... and he finishes. 0-1

44': yellow for midfielder Ellis.

HALF: We look like shit out there. They shoot 6 times, putting 4 on target. We have 5 shots, 4 from long range, just 1 on target and nothing remotely threatening. We're passing, tackling and winning headers better, but they are by far the more threatening of the two teams.

47': We have a throwin in their end, its taken to constantino, he's in the right side of a crowded penalty area, he runs up and around to the middle of the pitch, cuts right quickly, fires a bending shot around 2 defenders from 20 yards out and places it perfectly into the right side of the net! A spectacular individual effort. 1-1

60': Donnelly a yellow.

64': They have a corner, its taken to the far post, there's a ton of our guys there but they win the header, Carlos Antonio can't get to it, but Berthet heads it off the line!

66': Yellow for midfielder Ledley.

71': Yellow for Hamilton.

80': Mariga in for Donnelly, Hughes in for Turgay Colak.

94': They have a free kick 20 yards out, its taken well but sails just wide.

With the pressure they put on us in the first half I'm happy to get out of here with a draw. I thikn they were the better team but we had the best player on the pitch and he single handedly got us a point today.

Cardiff 1 : 1 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.4)
Goal: Constantino
Assist: Gordon (6.8)
Notable: Kirkland (7.0), Henrique (7.0)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote