View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I have a problem with wall to wall coverage that pushes it into peoples faces, with affiliates 3000 miles away all trying to break news instead of just having the national team do it

Those folks are just trying to make a living like the rest of us. More than one career has been made by simply being the person who got something everybody else didn't. I get the pressure, I get the motivation, I can't blame 'em for it.

Quote:
Honest question here - if the TV media all agreed at least not to show the pictures of the people who did this and made it something you actually had to search for on message boards and in darker corners of the web, like when a horrific video like a beheading comes out, do you agree it would reduce the chances of at least one of these attacks?

No, not really. Not in a meaningful amount (i.e. some tiny fractional percentage maybe). Those who seek attention would likely go bigger to force the media's hand -- "ignore THIS" basically -- that ship has sailed already.

Quote:
If yes, at what point does that start to have more value than some people's need for details?

If it's public record or legally obtained ... pretty much only on matters of national security afaic.