View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Mr Poli, there's a call for you on line one ... man says his name is Hamilton, or something like that.
I wish!

I'm seriously having coaching/football withdrawals...and just watching it isn't helping. We're having a pizza party tonight, which will be fun for all, including me.

The 'select' team has turned ugly. By ugly, I mean U G L Y you ain't got no alibi ugly. At the board meeting last Wednesday the guy wanting to run the team approached the board about using the league's pads for this tournament he's entering them in. This was after a board member mentioned that when her son goes to football camps she just checks out football pads for her son before the season starts for us.

This guy clearly has a few enemies on the board and has a vendetta against them. Likewise, they hate him and aren't going to help him if they can help it.

He started out professionally, laid out what a great deal it would be for the boys and how he'd be willing to pay for whatever extra cost the insurance would rack up...things like that.

The...ladies that don't like him start howling right away. No, no, no, they said...including the one that said she checked out pads early (like she had a leg to stand on).

As they kept shutting him down he began to lose his cool. Moreover, so did the parents that showed up for the meeting just to see if their boys could use the pads.

Threats, not of physical harm but of what they'd do with their boys next season, were made. Things got really, really bad.

Somehow, the members of the board that were actually for the tournament got the board to agree to at least look into it immediately (though three nay votes came from the ladies). Unfortunately, one of those ladies was tasked to look into the insurance portion.

Not to anyone's surprise, the league was 'told' that they could not have coverage by insurance or by having parents sign a waiver. At least, that's what was the ladies said.

Phone calls were made to parents with players on the team. On top of that, letters were mailed out by the league today that stated that any boy using the pads in any way now that our season was over was subject to a ban from the league.

Now, I'm not necessarily on either side. Frank, the guy who put this team together, has his own agenda and he knew what he was getting into. He knew the problems he'd have and he dug his own grave. He could have, in my opinion, easily navigated around this by allowing someone else to take the lead on this project.

The ladies on the board are despicable as well. They weren't going to agree with anything they heard. I'm disgusted that one of those naysayers admitted earlier to having her boy check out pads before our practices started. Embarrassing.

Anyhow, now some of us are rather hacked at the 'ladies' on the board and we're looking at trying to replace them. I might end up on the board if that's the case.

Frank is looking at taking the boys/parents that are loyal to him and possibly playing up in the city next season.

Oh joy.