View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #319
Tasan
College Starter

Interlude 12

As Triton 1 docks, hoopsguy II runs up to me excitedly. In his hands it the report on Zrbite, the alien power source. Apparently, this stuff is in a lot of things, including the main ingredient in the alien torpedoes, which are being called Disruptors by hoopsguy II's people. I tell him to start work on researching these things. They seem pretty powerful by his report.

I'm a little worried by a recent development. Lately we haven't been recovering any Sonic Rifles, its either been the heavy version or the pistol sized version of the weapon. This has left us short on ammo for them. Because of this, I have to pull 20 engineers off of armor construction to make spare clips for us and the other bases.

Of the new items recovered, we sell the unneeded stuff for about a million dollars. Drip drip drip.

We don't have to wait long for another mission. My phone rings and the Prime Minister of Australia is on the other end. He says that aliens have been spotted at a port on the north coast of the country. While this seems to be an ideal misison for South China Sea, we don't have the armor for everyone at that base. I order Triton 1 to go instead. It only has 12 troops aboard due to the ammo shortage, but 12 armored troops sounds better to me than 14 with only 3 sets of armor.