Thread: Duking 101
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I've always wondered what good the Duke is supposed to be, in the best of circumstances, really. The only time that power is truly useful is if you somehow knew who a wolf was, but they were not on the chopping block. But that doesn't really happen in games. So the duke is essentially just a villager with a day kill, which almost never works out well (except in that 24 game, grr). It's nice to have a verifiable power, but it's a pretty hard one to use in a way that is of any benefit. The only time to really use it safely is if you're in a tight enough lynch race with someone else that's close enough that you would expect the other person to have revealed if they had a role.

Probably the best way to use a duke role is to reveal if it you're on the chopping block. I know Jackal wasn't around, and that's why he didn't, but let's say he had. Then we vote someone else, the bodyguard can guard the Duke and we get a trusted villager. If it's a fake reveal the Duke is definitely worth trading for a revealed wolf, so it's a win-win.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote