View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #73
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
As an initial prognosis, I have to believe each mafia has the same number of wolves, probably three each. Since to win they would need to equal the villagers, that would be 13-3-3. No way it's 9-4-4, though 15-2-2 is possible, it seems that would be too big a hill for a family to climb.

I was thinking 13-3-3 before the game started also, though the rules mention other possibilities:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
ROLES

For the most part the game will consist of vanilla villagers and vanilla mafia, with bidding replacing the typical roles. There may be some hidden roles or hidden victory conditions in the game, however.

I don't know if that means a possible neutral role? So for argument's sake I'll say it's something like 12-3-3-1. If we go forward with Lathum's plan:

Pro: We would make more money than the mafia would today and have more to spend on roles.
Con: We lose a day of voting since it'll be a landslide like none ever seen on day 1. I'm not sure how valuable voting record will be in this game though, since we have groups of wolves that will happily vote for other wolves. We also lose a villager when we have a lot of mafia we have to knock off before we can win.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote