View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #86
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
I like the show and I have liked dream sequences in the past, but this last dream just kept going on. I felt like the writers were having too much fun trying to be clever while dragging out a dream that should have taken half the time.

I liked all of the symbolism (and "cleverness"). One of the reasons for dragging it out as well, of course, was to see how everyone reacts to it. Tony's internal struggle may indeed end up being significant. He was right there in purgatory, given the choice to give in, join his cousin and mom, and he didn't want to let go of the briefcase. Brilliant scene there.

One of the reasons I like the Sopranos is that it isn't just action, action, action. It goes deeper. It looks at the family, it looks at the inner motivations of the characters. It makes it the best drama on TV today.

Though, I must say it is very interesting to see how two seperate forums can have totally different views of the same episodes (another forum I post on had a vast majority of people saying they liked the last two episodes).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 03-27-2006 at 10:35 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote