View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #15
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm always amazed at how many people from back home apparently stayed in the area. My parents' generation, yes. But my aunt (closer to my age than my dad's) moved from Philly to Boston to Atlanta to San Fran and now back to Philly, but will no doubt be on the move again before long. I've been living in MD basically since school. My wife is from Miami. Her sister lives in northern VA with her husband, who is from WV (they met at Ole Miss). Her parents are in Daytona but she has close relatives in Montana, Blacksburg, Tennessee...

Anyway, this is my son's senior year, so I'm keenly aware this is on the horizon. If he goes to Maryland, there will be changes but they probably won't be huge. But if he goes to Purdue? Yeah. I mean, he already spends a lot of his time either with activities or down in the basement on the computer, but he's still around. It feels odd when he's out overnight. Months at a time is going to be very different ("his" cat is going to wonder wtf happened).*

I have no idea what I'm going to do when my daughter graduates. My wife works nights, so I'm going to have a lot of time alone. I suppose I'll commit more seriously to running, will have more time for commissioner duties. No plan for anything involving actual human interaction (though I may have more of that at work than I've had in the past). Maybe I'll just get more sleep.

* Interestingly, he already has some plans to come back to live in Frederick. I don't know if that will really work out, but he's said he'd like to raise his kids here.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 08-27-2017 at 07:57 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote