View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #24
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Dropped Caitlin off at college for freshman year this past weekend. Wife didn't take it well.

I had mixed emotions - on one hand, I know this means that the family dynamic will never be the same again and I miss her and worry about her, etc. But on the other hand, there is something liberating about having one fewer person's day-to-day schedule to deal with. It will get complicated in the spring trying to figure out how we can watch her play softball while Mackenzie is also playing high school softball at the same time, but for now, the simplification of our lives is welcome (to me, anyway).

And, it was time. About 2-3 months before graduation, she was ready to go. She and my wife fought constantly all summer. My wife took it personally that she was ready to leave, even though I repeatedly explained to her that this was natural. My wife and her brother/sister lived at home through college. Most kids want to get the hell out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote