View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #34
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We visited Caitlin for the first time since dropping her off three weeks ago. Just a quick visit, mainly to see her play, so we didn't actually get to spend much time with her - Saturday night after the games and a quick lunch before we headed back home on Sunday.

Felt weird. We were all together but it seemed different. She still calls everyday and I usually get a text or two about something several times a week (mostly for computer help or asking me to order her something), so it's not like there's no communication. It's just...different. She seems to be doing OK though.

One of the things Will shared with us last year is that us being on campus is "just ... weird". He's very conscious of the "it's like having two separate lives" situation and so when those merge it's a little weird. And that's with us being relatively go with the flow about the various goings on & being pretty well accepted by his crowd. It's still just weird.

I wouldn't sweat the different vibe you got too much, the kids have to figure this stuff out same as we do, and your lines of communication are still open.