View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 11:05 AM   #424
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
EF,

I've been watching your recent games, and in almost every one, it seems to be scoreless until the 60th minute or so. Given the early season trouble with the scoreless ties, incredibly suspenseful! Fortunately you're getting some clutch goals and putting these games away.

Any idea why the scoring explosions don't seem to happen until so late? Does your team have such superior fitness that they're just wearing everybody down?

Anyway, good luck down the stretch in the Premiereship (I'll be honest, I thought you were toast a while ago) and in the final of the Champions League!

I'm not sure why we are breaking out of our scoring slump in the 60 minute area. I do think we have better conditioning than some of our opponents, but that doesn't explain it all. I'm almost afraid that my guys aren't trying their hardest until the game becomes urgent. I feel like that has been a problem all year, particularly with Adriano. Now, that he wants a new contract, he is playing much better.

I also thought I was toast in the EPL for a while there. I'm just hopeful, we can pull out these last 3 games and keep our fate in our hand
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote