View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #10
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Awesome stuff... do you have any choice in flights or is it just whatever is programmed for you? Does the flight crew remain consisten t on the flight backor is it a completely different crew? Also, is there any way to change which airport your base airport is or are you placed out of newark long term?

I'll get into the trips and how they are assigned in a little bit. As far as the flight crews, for us, typically the pilots stay together on the same trip because we are limited to the plane type we are qualified and assigned to (in my case, the B-737). The flight attendants are on a completely different schedule. They change pretty much every flight we do. Obviously the flexibility to work any plane means they can move around here and there for more efficient trips and schedules.

Yes, we can move bases. Everything is seniority based. I can bid into it or trade with another pilot who wants my base. If my number isn't senior enough I can't move. Also, I could bid into another plane too. Again, seniority based. I bid originally for the 737, even though I could have held the 757. There were a lot of things I had to take into consideration but felt that the opportunities were better on the 737.

Chicago would be an easier commute and only recently have I been able to hold it. But the flying is less productive, I would be on reserve again and I would lose some days off. So for now, I'm staying in Newark.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote