View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #92
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Look for more updates this evening, or more likely, this weekend.

I am also taking suggestions for cities and nicknames for new teams/relocated teams.

Preferably, I would like to keep some kind of geographic sense here. For instance, if LA is going to move, adn they are in the AL West, I would like them to move somewhere in the West (Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, Hawaii, etc....)

Expansion probably won't happen again until the 60's (at least that is the general plan right now) but relocation could happen at any time I feel like it.

Also, the general plan sees us moving to 3 divisions sometime after the next round of expansion, and then once I stop using the Lahman database for importing (I think it gets screwed up in the late 90's, so 1997 might be a good stopping point) we will probably move to 4 divisions, and start using fake players. Who knows if the league will survive into that era though, as it will fundamentally change the whole idea of this dynasty, which really is based on historical players and the original lineups of 1911.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome and I will try to incorporate them into the game. I am also going to try and get the HTML export up on a website for every 10 years that go by, then you can research the league until your hearts content.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote