View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 04:25 PM   #12
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I was afraid it might go this way. I wonder if the problem is that some of the folks who might be best at doing this don't remember (or even really know) how to do it. I know for me, in the first few days of November I fooled around with the csvs, probably opened every one of them along with its descriptor to see if there was something I wanted to change (OH KEWL I CAN MAKE IT GENERATE MOR SEC PLAYERZZZ AND MOR PLAYERZ FROM GEORGIA!!!!1) messed up a few times, finally got it to work, and haven't touched it since then. I changed a bunch of entries in a bunch of different files, some of which probably had no impact on 2023 NFL, some of which definitely do. And some of the changes were for "how BEN likes the NFL," not the 'correct' NFL. (For example, no matter what year, the Raiders are in Oakland, the Rams are in LA, and the Chargers are in San Diego. Period. End of discussion.) So I don't think I can even share my files to contribute to this project, and I definitely couldn't tell anyone in any sort of systematic fashion how to do it beyond "open every csv, see what's in it, and edit everything you don't like to make it the way you like," which I realize a lot of people don't want to do. (Thus the need for his thread to do what it's intended to do...)

I agree with a lot here. I like the 1970s NFL, so that is what I created. The Colts in Baltimore and Cardinals in St. Louis etc. No Jaguars, no Texans... the Oilers in Houston.

I would imagine few would find this setup interesting, and how to emulate the modern I guess would be the same with less work. Less team movement and less uniform/colorway matching.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote