View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #384
QuikSand
lolzcat

Anyway, here's the reset for this new season (as we await the file that lets me start actually doing stuff):

-two retirements, a starting G and TE, are not stars but are important cohesion/chem guys... not a catastrophe but meaningful

-we are in good shape with our chemistry leadership for the next couple of seasons, at least, so that's good

-i managed to overlook contract extensions with my last file last season, so i have let a couple guys walk that I shouldn't have

Preseason targets:

(1) Interior OL - starting C is a free agent, starting G retired, and starting G has taken our chemistry lead... so at best we will have one returning face. I have an "acceptable" 2nd year guy to play at G, but even if we re-up with our veteran C, we still need another body, and no serious candidate from the ranks of our OTs

(2) LB - 2nd year guy Shaw is a lock-down starter, but around him we are old and mediocre. I remain unconvinced that LBs are the primary driver of winning anything important, but I just hate having apparentl "weaknesses" like this, so I'd like to add a quality guy

(3) TE - one retirement leaves us with an 11th year vet and a 2nd year rotation-caliber guy... in a perfect world, I think I'd grab a long term starter with a 1st round pick

(4) WR - perennial

Re-signings... WR Everett and CB Hardin are guys who will attract attention in free agency. I'd like to re-sign both, and regret letting them walk, but to be honest neither is a top-tier performer. Everett 6.19 ypt, Hardin 75.4 PDPct, big meh from that.

So, I have two late 1sts, and a gameplan for this draft would be:

Plan A: trade out or up to land a perfect fit

Plan B: luck into a quality receiver

Plan C: pick a TE, OL, and LB with out first two round picks, and target needs
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote