View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #124
PilotMan
Head Coach

And you know that's a lot more than it used to be. Even before deregulation in the 80's, and while I was in college in the 90's it was only Denver or Minneapolis. I think there's a chance that in the next few years you might see some larger aircraft come back in as the number of pilots flying 50 seat jets goes down, but even to NoDak that still might not be enough to expand to larger aircraft.

I now have my yearly recurrent training scheduled for June in Houston. Recurrent training is something that is required for pilots to continue to keep their jobs. Covered over two days we cover general maneuvers, emergency situations, and a number of different approaches. I'll go into more detail next month. Day 2 is a simulated line flight that is evaluated for safety and standard procedures. Each day is two hours of classroom briefing and then we spend 4 hours in the simulator.

Today was (is) either very short or very long depending on how you look at it. Compared to what we did the last couple of days I think it's fairly easy. The plane that we were taking to Phoenix was a little late getting to the gate and we ended up getting out about 15 minutes late. With the flight to Phoenix being as short as it is, there just wasn't a whole lot of room where we could try and make up time. Even then we still managed to cut 5 minutes off and get into the gate about 10 minutes late.

I'm off the rest of the day for the most part. But tonight take the red-eye back to Newark. So I'll be heading to the airport about a quarter to 100a by my body clock for the overnight flight back. Then it's go home day again!

It's time to bid for my June schedule. I really haven't given a whole lot of thought as to what I want to bid for. Summer will be here and the constraints on my personal schedule will be fewer.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote