View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #151
daahdeedaa
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBGregory View Post
If you're talking about Tisserand, then I suggest you play him in AMA events, maybe even Futures, before he graduates the junior tour.

I've done it before, on GW12 I had Anton Barth ranked around #700 in the world, and at the same time he finished the year ranked #1 in juniors too.

However, unfortunately it doesn't mean your player will start playing practice events with other seniors. Until Week 52 of the final year of junior eligibility (i.e. after the Casablanca Cup), all U18s play junior practices. It was a bit of an issue for Barth, because he was significantly better than most of the other juniors at the time, and so his practice weeks were barely scraping any exp, because he was winning 6-0 6-1, 6-1 6-1, 6-0 6-2 etc. all the time.

I know some managers deliberately hold back on using their experience points in the final year of junior eligibility if this looks like it's going to be the case, i.e. "store" exp (up to 20000 points) without using them to boost skill and service. That keeps things a little more even and, while it might mean you don't sweep all the junior competitions, it probably works better for long-term growth.

Thanks for the info and advice. Yes, it's tisserand. What's weird is if you look at augosto colarte, number 8 ranked juniors player in world 12. He apparently was able to practice in juniors, singles and doubles week 17, 19 after getting a singles rank. Probably just a bug since he is cpu controlled. He's what originally made me think of getting to tisserand to regular practice (though I admit I didn't realize he was also doing juniors practice the same week)
daahdeedaa is offline   Reply With Quote