View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #264
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a thought…

In 2022, several nations, such as Serbia, Macedonia and Bosnia/Herzegovina are joining the EU. That means their players should count as EU then. Now Serbia has one of the fast ways to get nationality. I was surprised when one of my youth, Emil Abaz, got it quickly just by being on loan there. If I were to set up a linkage with a Serbian team, then I could send some non EU players I have there for loan for a few seasons, and then at the end they would be Serbian and EU. That sounds like a strong plan.

I don’t know if it would work, but it seems like it should. That would give me a fasttrack to EU-ness

I ask for another club to link to. They agree. Who do I like that are my options?

Got it, there is a Serbian club in the First Division (their 2nd division after their Superleague) that doesn’t have anybody around to feed them cash or personnel. 1924 Smederevo. I will send loaners there who need EU-ness. We set up a 35k a year offer of cash to them.

Speaking of which, I offer Osorio for loan. If I can get him two years in Spain, he’ll be Spanish and then I won’t have to worry about him counting against my non-EU number when he ages. I do like Viveros enough right now to keep him though, so that won’t be happening.

Actually, now that I think about it, that’s not bad for any future S. American youth I bring in.

My board accept another link proposal. UD Melilla in Spain. It’s one of my previous dynasties –

FM2016 - From Africa to Europe - ALL DONE!!!!! - Front Office Football Central

They also don’t have a parent helping them out. We’ll pay them 50k.year.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote